Friday, October 07, 2005

good week


This week, starting from the youth leaders' retreat has been great.
Time flies, it's the 2nd youth leaders' retreat already. And I am so glad that I am still in this ministry, knowing that God has placed me there at least for now.
With my lack of history and experience in the ministry and retreats, there is really nothing much to compare with BUT, it was a GREAT retreat.

Firstly, knowing that God is indeed working in the ministry. It is evident. All of us knew it. And I thank God for it. Knowing that this ministry belongs not to us but to Him. No matter what we are going through, He goes before us.

Secondly, is knowing that there will be challenges before us. I am not a person who welcomes changes. And if need be, I did rather hide under my bed, and you know, do what I have always been doing. So comfortable, so reassuring. No matter how much I know that changes are sometimes necessary for improvement, for moving forward, for growing, the inertia is there. Somehow, in the midst of the fears, I know that God is there. Not only for me but for all of us as a leadership. It's better that God is moulding us and making us do NEW stuff, than to be stagnant, and grow "mouldy". It really means that God is working in us, placing us in new situations to make the youths, the youth leaders, the ministry grow.

Thirdly, the retreat is a good break for me. I think I needed it. The fact that the retreat was held in a desolated part of sentosa where there really isn't anything to do except wait upon the Lord, and focus on YWAV. I managed to stand firm and not bring any of my school work to be done. I am recharged. I know that I am ready to go again. (: yeah. It has been a pretty tough 2-3 weeks for my spiritually and physically. Being away from home, from school, was just the thing I needed at least for those short periods where I could just let my thoughts collect, or even wander.

I won't say I am all ready for year 2006. But at least I know that God has already paved out 2006. And that all of us are ready to take up 2006 together.

Thank God for the prayer gathering for the O and A level students. (: Yeah firstly, I must thank God for seeing all the youths through their prelims. No matter what the results are like, whether you are satisfied or not, I believe your results are God-planned. Remember that although results are important, they don't really have an eternal consequence. Keep close to God. Don't forget that ultimately it's not the the results that should determine where you are, who you are and where you stand. God does. (: Continue to seek His ways, and find out if where you intend to go is where He wants you to. All of us "oldies" those who have gone through the Os and As are always around, to pray for you, hear you out, and even solve one or two of those math and chemistry questions for you yah! (:

This week is the first week after MANY weeks of school where I have no exams. Yes, I had a refreshing week. In terms of physical rest. And I believe because I am rested physically, I can actually deal with the spiritual stuff better. It's a great feeling to know you can just, rest. Like for instance, sleep. (:

Being re-charged, I hope I can take the next 3 papers coming up next week with the stuff in my head. heh. I haven't spent much time studying this week. bad huh. oh well, let's see how things come along.

Not worrying about tomorrow, and living from day to day is probably what I would call my perspective in life right now.

I dont' know about tomorrow/ I just live from day to day /I don't borrow from it's sunshine/ For it's skies may turn to grey/ I don't worry over the future /For I know what Jesus brings/ And today I'll walk beside Him /For He knows what is ahead/ Many things about tomorrow/ I don't seem to understand/ But i know who holds tomorrow /And I know who holds my hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home