Wednesday, August 02, 2006

NAPFA!

PE periods were a thing of the past. But NAPFA test is still to haunt.
What makes NAPFA worse is when there is no PE to maintain fitness.
It's all up to your own motivation and discipline.

I remember when I was in J2, while I was running my last 400 m in my 2.4km run, my greatest motivation was telling myself that after this last 400m, I will never in my life have to make myself go through this ordeal again.But guess what. That last 400m sprint is now a lie. I have to do it again.

I have yet another chance to psycho myself in that same way. Oh but my greatest fear is not the 2.4km run. It's the inclined pull-ups. For those of you who have forgotten what this is, it's a bar, placed above you while you are inclined (pivot with your feet on the ground), and lift yourself up. Only when your chin crosses a bar, will it be considered a successful one. I. Being a considerably STRONG physio, who lifts patients and rubs and massages, and mobilises, cannot... CANNOT do more than 3 (which means I fail). I insist that this is not an objective measurement of my arm strength. It is not valid nor reliable. As much as I complain about it, I have no choice but to do it. Hopefully, with the miraculous physics theory my friend enlightened me about, and the cheering of my friends, and psycho-ing myself that this would really be my last time doing NAPFA, I would get through this well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home