Friday, February 03, 2006

Attachements are OUT!

For all those who have been hearing me whine about my upcoming attachments and about where I will end up... the placements are out. and they are .... *drum rolls*...
1. Singapore Sports School!
I have no idea what I would do there. Hopefully there will actually be injuries or something. If not, I would probably have to keep watching them play badminton, table tennis, netball, you name it. Some people think this placement is cool, some people say not so good. Not sure what to expect either. But I will be stuck here for 1.5 months. It's at WOODLANDS. So... Adeline, you should come and visit me on the alternate Wednesdays and meet me for lunch.

2. Changi General Hospital.
I just KNEW it. They have to send me all the way to Changi. I JUST knew it. gosh. And now, Violet's not there anymore. sobsob. Won't have Violet to help make the journey a bit shorter. man. I can't believe I will be travelling there everyday for about a month. Usually people want to get this placement for outpatient. Cause the sports medical centre is well established. But I got inpatient instead. Hopefully it would be enjoyable. I did hear that the physios there are quite nice. Hope they stay being nice.

3. Westpoint Family Hospital
If I am not wrong this is where Emily was working for a period of time before starting school. Is it? It's in Jurong. Ah. Finally somewhere near home. I am actually looking forward to this attachment because it's a step down hospital. Means the pace isn't as fast as acute hospitals like Changi. Should a place with plenty of old folks. Will need to brush up on Hokkien and stuff like that. I have never been posted to a step dow hospital or an old folks home before. Hopefully this turns out good too.

After my previous attachment, I am afraid. I have to do well in my placements this semester. If not, my grades, no matter how hard I study and how well I do for my papers, it won't make a difference. You kinda get the point right? The weightage is SOOOOO DARRRNNNN high. Plus, I am rushing out for attachments without really ample time of revising ALL my work before going out. And the knowledge I have in my head right now, is limited to whatever has been taught this semester. Most of last semester's work has been blown out of my brain by the wind. Which WON'T DO.

Exams will be in the midst of all these attachments. So hopefully with working I will have the energy and time to study. This semester isn't such a well structured one for optimal results. But whatever the case, will just have to do my best.

For now, I have an exam on Monday, which is 50% of my Musculoskeletal module. So pray for me guys. It's so ultra important, and so little time to study. I am tested on the first day of exams, while other people whose surname happen to start with alphabets down the list get extra of 4-9 days of studying. sigh... F. tsktsktsk.

Projects are going to be due soon, and the journals to read for the research is just piling and piling and piling higher and higher and higher. You get the idea.

I WILL SURVIVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home