Sunday, June 26, 2005

Obligation?

This Friday, Peiru and Yingni stayed over. I tried to use the stay over, to lure them to alpha. I failed. (I did pray about it.) So much for Bell and Ade asking me whether I should be doing more at cell or not. (embarressed). Well, as you can guess, i skipped alpha. Miss being there actually.
But we did have a good time catching up and playing monopoly. It did remind me that, it is not so much the activity that you do, but the companions you do it with that makes a great difference.
Because of the stayover, I intended to skip YWAV. Doesn't that just sound totally wrong. You bet it does. Somehow or rather, I was reminded that it really isn't the right thing to do. And God helped me out of the situation I almost thought was impossible to change.
To begin with, when my youths heard that I was intending to skip, ha. You should have seen the weird expressions.
Secondly, it definitely is a lame reason to skip YWAV. Having a sleepover? sigh. What kind of example is a youth leader giving?
Thirdly, it's really hard to explain to your 2 friends that you have saturday commitments for the last... let's see... since sec 1.
God made it such that Peiru had to go back to work, early this morning at 8. Working at Tuas meant that she had to catch her company bus which arrives at 730. So our sleepover ended at 7 in the morning, allowing me to go for food rationing and for YWAV.
When Bell asked me whether it was an obligation to come for YWAV instead of staying at home for a sleepover, it really did make me think for a while. Coming for YWAV and being commited to it, is a choice. Not an obligation. For all the youths who think leaders demand too much of you and don't understand why you need a life other than YWAV (especially on Saturday afternoons), that's not true. See... I went through the same dilemma.
This time, God changed the situation, without me having to do all that church commitment explanation. Would I have come for YWAV if God didn't turn the situation around?
Answer is... Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home