Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apples


Mum and I followed a whole big group of people to a few orchards.
And of course fruits there, are sold in crates.
Each family ended up bringing home loads.



I am definitely not a fan of fruits.
But Mum and I returned with quite a bit!
An amount that I would have reckon, too much to finish.
That was about 2 weeks ago.

I realised this morning that I still had left over apples till NOW.
Apples MUST NOT be wasted. Right?
And I definitely can't consume so many way-too-ripe apples.
Don't have time for a fancy recipe...
So... with my trusty internet google search engine, I decided that my apples should be turned into this:
Looks good huh?

Yeah. ALL recipe pictures look good.
Don't be fooled when they tell you how easy it is, how it gives you an impression of what it would look like. Cause, it never looks as good.

The best thing about baking here, is having an assistant. Introducing my lovely assistant.... JASMINE!

We had fun together. I was cutting up the apples, while she decided that they were irresistable. Several pieces went right into her mouth. She inisists that apples with the red skin are sweet. Green are not. So there was this quality check process. All those with too much green, were eaten on the spot. I approve of eating whilst cooking. Definitely a good thing to do. haha.

Joyce subscribed a montly magazine for Jasmine, and it comes with cooking utensils. Jasmine finally had a chance to USE THEM. All dressed up for baking, with the apron and all, we laid the apples slice by slice. It was great fun.


After she tried a piece of the galette, she said thank you to herself for making the pie. haha. Sh'e such a dear.

Oh yes. want to see the stark contrast between what the galette was supposed to look like versus what it turned out looking like?

Here goes:
OK. It really is quite big a difference. But. taste wise. Not bad! And. apples were NOT wasted. (:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Jasmine ... :(

5/18/2009 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home