Saturday, December 02, 2006

bits of everyday

Events just fly past.
It's been the attachments for the past 1 month. This time, it's slightly different cause most of my friends are overseas doing theirs. But God has been good. Things have been going well for attachment. In fact, I think the fact that my friends are away, made communication even more consistent compared to when they are around. (: And made me trust God even more to the everyday at work.

Results came back. God has been good too. No complains, I can only say that there were results unexpected. Both positively and negatively. God knows best. And He has shown it.

This year, I didn't get to go for YWAV Camp because of attachments. It was a pretty weird feeling maybe cause I didn't know what was really going on, didn't feel as involved in previous years. I watched things just unfold, feeling a little worried along the way for the rest of the leadership being short-handed and all.
Even up to the meeting before the camp, I still felt this untypical feeling. It wasn't anticipation, it wasn't worry. I can't put a finger to what it is.
SMS came to say that Joani sprained her ankle, I had no jittery feeling. In fact, I felt that it was God's way to say, we are not short-handed. We don't need to worry and source for help in this manner, leave it all to Him.
And this proved true. So true. When I went in to visit on Tuesday night to experience for myself exactly what Bell was trying to describe to me over the sms about Monday's prayer and praise. Everything wasn't like what I thought or what was planned or thought to be. There weren't many friends. It was more like a camp really to give our youths a chance to check on their faith and once again pledge their allegience. Purely that. With not our program or our theme. But with the Holy Spirit touching our hearts. Searching into the depths of it and you can almost hear God saying "I'm here YWAV."
True worship was experienced that night. It's amazing. Left me in awe of God's power.

The number of people who came for prayer affirmed the change that the ministry is having.
The only other time where there was such a good turnout was when we had the prayer before our first reach service. Difference is, I know this time they came not because they had to come to church early but rather that they wanted to come and pray. Come and meet God, fellowship in prayer with fellow believers. It's so exciting.

Besides all the ministry stuff, there was Serene's birthday surprise. heh.
It is another successful surprise added to our surprise list. (:
I'm glad we all have fun doing this for one another. heh

I have one more week of attachments. Can't wait for it to be all over! Then it's time to prepare for Christmas! Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home